What is Bio-Oil?
This review for Bio-Oil will help inform and advise customers on whether or not to purchase this product. Bio-Oil claims to be a specially formulated oil that treats scars, reduces and eliminates stretch marks and leaves you with clean, clear and even toned skin. This product effectively treats age-related wrinkles and dry skin. This product contains a combination of natural ingredients that promote healthy skincare and reduces the appearance of scars.
This product contains a combination of plant extracts, vitamins , oil-based derivatives, and fragrance. The following is the extensive list of ingredients found in this product:
- Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Calendula Oil)
- Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender Oil)
- Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary Oil)
- Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile Oil)
- Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A)
- Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E)
- Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum)
- Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate
- Isopropyl Myristate
- Glycine Soja Oil
- Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil
- Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone
- Amyl Cinnamal
- Benzyl Salicylate
- Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde
- Orange: CI 26100 (Red 17)
Bio-Oil comes with specific directions for scars, stretch marks, uneven, dry and aging skin.
Apply Bio-Oil in small and slow circular movements. It is recommended that you use this product two times daily for at least 12 weeks. Never use on cuts, open wounds or irritated skin.
For Stretch Marks:
Apply directly to stretch marks and gently massage into the skin using circular strokes twice a day for at least 3 months. In the case of pregnant mothers, it is safe to apply Bio-Oil at the beginning of the fourth month and you may apply to all the stretch mark prone regions.
For Uneven Skin:
Apply to uneven skin twice a day for a duration of at least 3 months.
For Wrinkles and Aging Skin:
Apply to wrinkles and aging skin twice a day.
For Dry Skin:
Apply to the affected area twice a day.
This product is not available for purchase from the manufacturer’s website, but you can purchase it directly from Amazon. This product comes in 15 purchasing options and will suit the needs of just about anyone.
- One 2oz bottle will cost $6.99
- A 4.2oz bottle will cost $12.99
- A 4.2oz pack of two bottles will cost $33.59.
- A 6.7oz bottle will cost $16.19
- A pack of two 6.7oz bottles will cost $49.95.
- A pack of three 6.7oz bottles will cost $69.23.
- A pack of four 6.7oz bottles will cost $88.44.
- A pack of five 6.7oz bottles will cost you $110.10.
- A pack of six 6.7oz bottles will cost you $131.57.
- A pack of seven 6.7oz bottles will cost you $168.01.
- A pack of eight 6.7oz bottles will cost you $190.55.
- A pack of nine 6.7oz bottles will cost you $196.58.
- A pack of 10 6.7oz bottles will cost you $236.25.
- A pack of 11 6.7oz bottles will cost you $259.00.
- A pack of 12 6.7oz bottles will cost you $283.56.
Possible Side Effects
After extensive research, we could find no side effects of using this product.
The manufacturer does not appear to offer any money-back guarantee for this product. The manufacturer’s website is very minimal with the information it contains.
The Bottom Line
This product can be used for a number of skin conditions; scars, stretch marks, dry skin, wrinkles, aging, and uneven skin tone. It is is gentle and can be used by pregnant women. However, there is no clear guarantee or refund policy which may be a cause of concern. The possible side effects are not listed and there is a degree of doubt as to whether or not there may be side effects.
Do you want to find an effective Scar Repair treatment? Check out our top rated Scar Repair products